I wanted to share with you all how I use Twitter for PD. I know many are reluctant to get on, but I also know that many of you are using it. If you don’t know, there is a monthly chat that happens called #edchathi where educators from Hawaii chat about best practices, tech integration, etc. Below you will find the link of ways you can get involved, learn, and participate. https://sites.google.com/site/edchathi/participate
Some of you have noticed that I’ve been curating things on twitter using #kshawaii #kshes and some of you have been asking about Twitter Lists. I’m inspired by so much of the work that is happening at my school.*
A twitter list is just a group that you create in order to view only tweets from people in that list, rather than viewing tweets from every single person you follow. The list that I created is for me so that I can view tweets from certain groups I am connected with. You can subscribe to lists if you would like to see tweets from those same people or you can create your own list.
Five ways I use Twitter to learn is…
- Ask questions! You’ll never know if you don’t ask.
- Read! Read blogs from educators you follow. Read articles. Read topics on certain hashtags.
- Share! Sharing is caring. Share your work, get feedback, etc.
- Collaborate! Connect with other classrooms and teachers around the world and tweet back and forth.
- *Take note! I tweet, retweet, and favorite things that I like as I am learning. Twitter is almost my way of taking notes.
Do I tweet everyday? No.
Do I read twitter everyday? No.
Do I live and breathe twitter? No.
Do I use twitter when I’m curious? Yes.
More Free PD! (I found out about on twitter 😉 )—> Google Edu On Air http://t.co/aCVYs6Q3uE May 8th & 9th (I put this in the Google Group too)