Next week is Computer Science Education Week. While CS Ed Week takes place annually, coding can be taught anytime! This is a worldwide effort to learn and advocate for computer science. Did you know the reason it takes place in December is in recognition of the birthday of computing pioneer Admiral Grace Murray Hopper? Learn about how she was a pioneer in developing computer technology.
Use these hashtags on social media when sharing or searching for activities #CSforgood #CSEdWeek #CSforsocialjustice #CSforall #HourofCode
Below are links and tips on how to celebrate CS Ed Week virtually this year:
- Michigan Accelerate CS: Friday 12/11 Coding for Michigan Virtual Event. Join in an attempt to set a Guinness World Record for most users to take an online computer programming lesson in 24 hours!
- Breakout EDU: Play a digital breakout edu game with a CS theme
- Google CS First: Teach an hour of code from anywhere (both unplugged and digital)
- Hour of Code Activities: Options for no devices, poor/no internet, and a variety of devices
- CS Unplugged: Learn coding away from the screen
- CodeBytes: Daily mini lessons, check out their episode schedule!
- Tips for a Virtual Hour of Code Event: You may be apart, but can still code together